Kevin Quiambao set for more NBA workouts before Gilas duty

Kevin Quiambao set for more NBA workouts before Gilas duty

Kevin Quiambao returns to action for Goyang Sono Skygunners in the Korean Basketball League (KBL). –KBL PHOTO

Kevin Quiambao’s return to Gilas Pilipinas practice will hinge on how he can impress NBA teams during upcoming workouts.

Gilas coach Tim Cone revealed on Thursday that Quiambao is set to work out with five teams as he continues to pursue a potential slot in the NBA Summer League.

Article continues after this advertisement

READ: Kevin Quiambao misses Sacramento Kings’ NBA Summer League roster

“I’ve been in communication with KQ and he has a workout with five NBA teams on the 11th,” Cone said during the unveiling of the Adidas-designed new Gilas Pilipinas uniforms on Thursday at Monarch Manila in Makati City.

Quiambao has been in the United States since last week when he first worked out with the Sacramento Kings and subsequently missed out on a spot in their Summer League roster.

Cone didn’t mention the teams, but Quiambao’s return to take part in the Gilas buildup could wait a bit should the Korean Basketball League mainstay turn heads.

Article continues after this advertisement

READ: Kevin Quiambao’s KBL team backs his NBA Summer League bid

“That will kinda dictate his schedule after that,” Cone said. “But if he’s able to draw some interest, he might end up in the NBA Summer League a little bit longer. If not, he’ll come back earlier.”

Cone added that Quiambao’s earliest timetable for a return would be on July 16, perhaps enough time to catch up on what Gilas plots for next month’s continental tournament in Saudi Arabia. Gilas began preparation last Monday.

Article continues after this advertisement

The ex-La Salle star’s US trip has drawn plenty of engagement on social media, especially after Quiambao posted videos of his Kings workout.

But Quiambao has since refrained from posting updates after fake reports circulated claiming he had been signed by Sacramento.



Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.



Your subscription has been successful.

Great Job & the Team @ INQUIRER.net Source link for sharing this story.

NBTX NEWS
NBTX NEWShttps://nbtxnews.com
NBTX NEWS is a local, independent news source focused on New Braunfels, Comal County, and the surrounding Hill Country. It exists to keep people informed about what is happening in their community, especially the stories that shape daily life but often go underreported. Local government decisions, civic actions, education, public safety, development, culture, and community voices are at the center of its coverage. NBTX NEWS is for people who want clear information without spin, clickbait, or national talking points forced onto local issues. It prioritizes accuracy, transparency, and context so readers can understand not just what happened, but why it matters here. The goal is simple: strengthen local awareness, support informed civic participation, and make sure community stories are documented, accessible, and treated with care.

Latest articles

spot_img

Related articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Leave the field below empty!

spot_img
Secret Link